History & Traditions
Richmond House School was founded by Miss Beryl Davies in 1935 to provide first class academic education for boys and girls from the age of 3 to 11 years.
Miss Davies remained as Headmistress for over forty years and saw the School grow considerably in terms of numbers and facilities.
In the mid 1970s Miss Davies handed over the School to a Board of Governors, and since then it has operated as a charitable trust.
Over the years, and with different head teachers, the School has altered in many ways but has always maintained its reputation for excellent academic results and a caring, family atmosphere.
Richmond House School is proud to be accredited by the Incorporated Association of Preparatory Schools (IAPS) and the Independent Schools’ Council (ISC). We are regularly inspected under the auspices of Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).